Yoga for weight loss is a very gentle way to stretch and tone the body and makes it suppler again. Yoga might not be the best option exercise-wise if you want to lose weight quickly and mainly through excercising, but yoga can help you on your way to a slimmer and more toned body. Yoga weight loss means losing weight that stays off, if you keep practising yoga after losing weight.
Even though yoga has been around for ages, a new type of yoga focusing on toning and slimming the body down has surfaced.
More geared towards the western world where weight gain and obesity is such a big problem, yoga can be applied in this area of life too.
Weight reduction through Yoga
1. There are various Yoga asana like Paschimottanasana, Bhujangasana, Halasana, Dhanurasana, Veerasana, Trikonasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana which are specially meant for weight reduction. Following few of them regularly will certainly help you lose flab.
2. Incase you are a thyroid patient and you have abnormally gained weight. You must go for Sarvangasana and Matasyasana for checking on the hormonal secretion of your thyroid gland.
3. Regular Yoga asana done with Sun salutation (Surya Namaskar) is also very helpful in weight reduction.
4. Regularly practicing Pranayamas for example Kapalabhatti, Anuloma-Viloma and Bhastrika not only help in weight reduction but equally helps in achieving a better muscle tone and endurance.
5. Other than the regular practice of the Yoga, you must abide rules of eating healthy and fat free meal.
6. Kriyas for cleaning the body namely Vaman Dhauti, and Shanka Prakshalana also help immensely in weight reduction.
Bikram hatha yoga is the kind of yoga that most athletes and celebrities prefer as it helps to lose weight by burning lots of calories if you do the exercises at least ten times a month, on a regular basis. Bikram yoga weight loss occurs as this type of yoga is a mix of calmer yoga exercises with a complete cardiovascular, aerobic and fat-burning workout.
It might take you a while to get into the speed with which these exercises are performed as Bikram yoga does not leave much time for relaxing during its exercises. But then again, raising the heartbeat and burning fat for at least twenty minutes is absolutely necessary to lose weight quicker.
Bikram yoga will make you look and feel better and as you are losing weight this type of yoga will also help lower your stress levels. While training the body you are also training the mind with this type of exercise as Bikram yoga helps to build self control, patience and concentration.
Ashtanga yoga is a type of yoga that helps make doing yoga and losing weight at the same time easy. This system of yoga focuses on synchronizing the breath with a series of different, fairly complicated, postures.
The result of doing Ashtanga exercises regularly is a healthy body with a strong and clear mind. This is a very effective type of yoga for weight loss.
Read more on Yoga Asanas for Weight Loss and Fast Weight Loss and Essential Vitamins and Nutrients